Thursday, February 11, 2010

1992 plastic headlight covers are not clear anymore?

I have a 92 F150 and the clear plastic covers on the headlights are not clear anymore, and the insides have water built up on parts of them. What can I do to make them look new again? or replace them??1992 plastic headlight covers are not clear anymore?
There is a kit at at parts stores that can restore them, it has sand paper and rubbing compounds that can restore them, the other option is to replace them and they are not cheap1992 plastic headlight covers are not clear anymore?
I've tried on multiple cars various kits to clean them up. None match up to the clarity of new headlights. A company called Certifit supplies aftermarket parts with a decent warranty. I looked at the catalog at my nearby location in NJ and each headlight is $32. I just replaced the lights on my 93 Grand Marquis for $70 each. The difference was night and day. LMC Truck has a set of euro lights that might add some style for $150 for the pair. Either way, I say don't skimp on something as important as headlights. It could mean the difference between seeing something or hitting something.
You can have your headlights cleaned with special chemicals that clear them up pretty good. I had it done at a car wash once, and my mechanic also recommended me to a auto body repair place that also did it. I have one new headlight and one old one because of an accident and I wanted the old one, which was looking cloudy to match up more to the new one.
there are ok fore head light


but you have water inside the seal is broken change them


problem you burn bulb like crazy an there go yellow inside


there no that expensive aftermarket parts and fit nice too


look here


http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframec鈥?/a>


abouth 20.00 each
Just stop in to your local auto parts store and ask for a kit for just that problem. I'm sorry but although I have used this product, I can't recall the name of it. But it worked really well. Try this...www.quixx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment