Thursday, February 11, 2010

I have a 2001 BMW 525I and my headlight's cover has gotten cloudy. Does anyone know how to make them clear

The lights work fine, and they are the ones with the Halo glow.I have a 2001 BMW 525I and my headlight's cover has gotten cloudy. Does anyone know how to make them clear
If you go to a reputable parts store they will have a kit to fix them up. it involves wet sanding the lens with 3 grades of sandpaper and then applying a wax to fill the finest sand marks. I have called the lenses on many safety checks and the people have brought them back after using the kit, properly, and the headlight covers are clear as new! PS- it is a bit of work but, gives night and day results when driving at night!I have a 2001 BMW 525I and my headlight's cover has gotten cloudy. Does anyone know how to make them clear
The safest way is with a non abrasive headlight deoxidizer, not a headlight cleaner.





http://www.ibc34.com/CONSUMERR鈥?/a>


http://www.ibc34.com/Before-an鈥?/a>

Report Abuse



Go to BMW and ask them officially. And you will get the canned responce ';that's normal'; Maybe you just hit a huge puddle? Put a hair dryer on it for an hour or so steam it out.
remove them, set the bulbs aside and brush the inside with a wet toothbrush, then dry them and put them back on.
thats sucks! it happened to my car too.





i spent loads buying stupid creams and liquids claiming they'd clear it up...it didnt. Don't do it!





I ended up having to buy new ones to replace em...
Buddy of mine has those same ones on his mustang with the same issue. What he did to repair it was to completely seal it off from any humidity coming by first removing them from car, opening them and using a blow dryer to get the moisture out, then use a thin line of silicon around the seal of the head lights and it kept the moisture out.
At like autozone or advance auto parts they have this thing in the headlights aile that clean away the yellow foggy stuff of the headlamps..
IF it's not condensation on the inside, go to a parts store and there are a few different buffing products that generally work.


If the condensation is on the inside only a replacement lens and housing will cure it.
If its not condensation, then its oxidation. Oxidation is tricky. You could buy the Meguiar's ';Plastic X.'; It washes off with the rain though. The only other thing that I would suggest is just the replace the lenses.
replace the seal

No comments:

Post a Comment