Thursday, February 18, 2010

I carelessly sprayed top clear coat on my headlight lenses. How to remove?

I was coating my bumper with Dupli-Color clear coat when I accidentally gave a shot on my left headlight lens. I quickly wanted to use a cloth to wipe it. Still it left a haze on the lens. I tried Windex, Alcohol and dish detergent, couldn't get the haze away. Help !





BTW, is the coating corrosive ?I carelessly sprayed top clear coat on my headlight lenses. How to remove?
You can try buffing it out or use oil base paint thinner like varsol (not lacquer paint thinner,too corrosive), with some hard scrubbing will remove the clear coat. You can try lacquer paint thinner but test it first on a piece of plastic. If it dulls the plastic, don't use it. Or you just leave the headlight lens alone. the clear coat will peel off sooner or later. Or you can go to auto body shop for clear coat remover.





don't forget to cover the other head light before painting.I carelessly sprayed top clear coat on my headlight lenses. How to remove?
You can try paint stripper. It comes in a spray can, but be careful with it. Its powerful stuff. It would probably work on headlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment