Thursday, February 11, 2010

Can you put clear lacquer on my headlight?

If I went to the store and purchased clear lacquer and put it on my plastic headlights, will it help it? or make it worse?





I am trying to get the haze off the headlights. I don't want to try the sanding kit quite yet, but I also bought some plastic polish too but didn't fully solve the problem. will lacquer work? thanksCan you put clear lacquer on my headlight?
nooooooooo.. it was crack.. get dirty,, fade.. make it worse.. get the sanding/polish kit at any auto store.. it worksCan you put clear lacquer on my headlight?
NO, lacquer will do more damage. Sometimes just car wax will do it. But never any solvents or paint, especially lacquer,on plastics, it will only make the haze worse. Sometimes just cheaper and safer to replace those hazed covers.
Walmart will buff your headlights while you shop.


DO NOT USE LACQUER!
I wouldn't do the lacquer. I've used Turtle Wax Polishing Compound with great success.
NO!!! DO NOT PUT LACQUER ON THE HEADLIGHTS. try first using a paste polish or WET sand with ';2200'; grit sandpaper.
I have a so called sister that had the same problem with the headlights.What I did was use a buffer and rubbing compound.I put a little on the headlights and buffed them out.After that use a strong detergent to wash them off and then use the clear coat over them.it helps but it still leaves a slight hays on the headlights.The only way to fix them is to find a wrecking yard that may still have some good ones still around.But you would have to buy the whole entire headlamps.The lenses are not replaceable.hgm20002000@yahoo.com
  • cute hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment