Thursday, February 11, 2010

Best method to get crusty ZJ headlight lenses clear again?

The Diamondite (Google it) brand sells a product made just for headlight lens re-finishing . Less than $60.00, It works as advertised in my experience. There are also several other brands at auto parts stores (Advance Auto, Napa, etc.) but I've never used them so i can't tell you how well they work, but they are considerably less expensive.





Don't listen to those who tell you to use rubbing alcohol, Benzine, gasoline, or polishing compound. These are the same people who grease their brake pads when they squeal, LOL.Best method to get crusty ZJ headlight lenses clear again?
I went to my local auto parts store (Auto-Zone) and got me one of those car lens cleaners(forgot the name though, sorry). I applied it to my girlfriends old van and it showed a big difference. However, it didn't completely make it look newer, it just kind of gets the dry dull and ashy stuff.Best method to get crusty ZJ headlight lenses clear again?
Actually polishing compound works pretty good as for paying 60 bucks for something that will make them clearer is dumb you can get 2 new lenses on ebay for that price

No comments:

Post a Comment