Thursday, February 18, 2010

I have a 1989 ford f150 and my headlights are not clear how do i fix this? new ones? or that cleaning solution

is it worth the money to buy new headlights or buy that cleaner stuff that is suppose to work?I have a 1989 ford f150 and my headlights are not clear how do i fix this? new ones? or that cleaning solution
Get new ones. Head lights dim with age for several reasons. They are not expensive and will be a big improvement, especially if you go to high output or halogen.I have a 1989 ford f150 and my headlights are not clear how do i fix this? new ones? or that cleaning solution
The cleaning solution is only a temporary fix. The real problem is that the plastic lenses have discolored and oxidized. You have to remove the oxidized layer of plastic, polish it, and seal it. I used this kit on my '90 Chevy Pick-up and it worked really well. Just follow the instructions closely, and be sure to mask off around the headlight to avoid any damage to the paint, etc. It sure beats paying more than $100 per light to replace them with factory stuff. Over time, you may have to do them again, because that is the nature of the poly carbonate plastic that they use to make the lenses. It's easy to mold it into whatever shape they need, but it's porous and oxidizes easily.
A temporary fix is to buff them with rubbing compound.
here is a secret of the trade DONT TELL EVERYONE :)


if you dont want to spend a penny e mail me at b_yavalar@gpsx.net... i guarantee this will work!!
new ones....you cant get inside them to clean or repair them

No comments:

Post a Comment