Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do headlight covers that appear '; fogged'; need replacing or are there other remedies to clear them up?

I was approached on the street in Mexico where I live, by a guy who wanted to use ';teflon'; on my headlight covers to clear them up. I hadn't spent a moment thinking about cloudy covers, and declined, but afterwards noticed mine were pretty opaque, and I now I wonder if this is a problem for headlight beam distance, and if there is a fix other than buying new ones?Do headlight covers that appear '; fogged'; need replacing or are there other remedies to clear them up?
Permatex® Headlight Lens Restoration Kit





An economical and effective kit that works on exterior plastic lighting lenses to restore “LIKE NEW” clarity, improving light output and appearance. Eliminates clouded, pitted, and yellowed headlight lens surfaces. Each kit contains lens polish and polishing cloth, 4 sandpapers, 1 pair latex gloves, and simple step-by-step instruction sheet.Do headlight covers that appear '; fogged'; need replacing or are there other remedies to clear them up?
ATF works put some on a cloth and wipe on and let it settle in
My husband says that toothpaste is as good as anything, and if that doesn't work the only solution may be new ones.
I've heard they make a polish that might help !
I used to work in a detail shop and I seen my boss use toothpast e on it. Or you could try a buffing compound . Either should getbthe job done!
Teflon or other coatings merely fill in the scratches that have caused the opaqueness. It would have to be repeated on a regular basis to be even partially effective. The best and cheapest cure for this problem is new lenses. Scratches are caused by dust and road dirts and salts and are a natural road condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment