Thursday, February 11, 2010

What can I do to clear up my headlights?

I have a 1998 BMW in mint condish. The problem is the headight lenses. They have become cloudy and foggy, what can I do to help them become clearer? Without going out and shelling out the 600 pesos for new ones?What can I do to clear up my headlights?
Well... If the damage is on the outside, you can buff them with a plastic polish compound. This will clear them right up. Also, if you treat them with wax like the rest of your car, it helps prevent them from degrading again.What can I do to clear up my headlights?
What I did to fix the cloud effect was.. got a sheet of sand paper with a 1000 grit, and sanded them down. I then got some lens polish and attached a buffer wheel to my drill and buffed the crap out of them (bought both from my local auto store). You can still see a small bit of cloud effect (that's UV rad for ya) but they look a lot better.
Is the coudy effect not just due to condensation inside the lense.??





If it is it is common with BMW's and can be removed using compressed air by putting an air-line inside through the opening for the bulb and leave it blowing for 5 minutes..
you can use a plastic polish to remove that. I bought a bottle of carnu-b wax that worked for all of my car. i got it at a swatmeet cheap

No comments:

Post a Comment