Thursday, February 18, 2010

My headlights (plastic lenses) have become dull. Is there something I can use to clear them up?

I have a 2001 car. The lenses have become dull. If I rub them with water, they clear up. But as soon as it drys it is foggy again. I put new super bright bulbs in, but I got a ticket because they had a blue tint. Everything is illegal in California. So now I have the legal bright bulbs in. They are not much brighter then the old ones I had before. Is there something that I can rub on them to clear them up.My headlights (plastic lenses) have become dull. Is there something I can use to clear them up?
your local auto parts store should have a headlight lense cleaner. it should be relatively inexpensiveMy headlights (plastic lenses) have become dull. Is there something I can use to clear them up?
Many parts stores and department stores carry a headlight restorer kit.





It runs about $15, and consists of several sheets of super fine sandpaper and a bottle of plastic polish. Follow the directions and it will clear them right up.





I've used it on a few cars and it's worked well.
the plastic has dryed out..it needs some lube..use some plastic bumper/dash clear silicon..like Armour all protectant.
pepsodent tooth paste

No comments:

Post a Comment