Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where can I find clear Headlight Lenses?

I want to find some clear headlight lenses for my 1995 Mercury Cougar xr7 I want clear lenses to use blue halogen bulds in anyone know of a website that has clear lenses for my make and model?Where can I find clear Headlight Lenses?
The headlamp lens is part of the design to focus the light. Unless you are able to find a complete DOT-approved housing, with a clear lens (I presume by clear, you mean with no pattern molded into it), there is no way to do what you desire. Blue halogen bulbs are junk, anyway. They get the blue tinge by using a filter coating, which actually reduces the amount of usable light. Buy yourself some halogen-xenon bulbs, 5,000k, no higher, because the light reduces as the temperature goes up. There will a slight bluish tinge from the xenon, and slightly more usable light. The usable light is approximately the same as the Silverstar Ultra from Sylvania.





If by clear, you mean not yellowed, by the way, then you need a proper cleaner to clear off the oxidation. Meguiar's Plastx takes about 10 minutes per lens, and costs less than $10 at WalMart, for a bottle large enough to do several cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment