Thursday, February 18, 2010

My headlights have a foggy look on the face. how do i remove that so the face is clear?

The front headlights have a very dim foggy look to it like it needs a shining or something.. what can i do to clear it up so it looks like its brand new or just remove the excess fog lookMy headlights have a foggy look on the face. how do i remove that so the face is clear?
I really don't think the lens comes out of these new lights but if it's on the outside they make a plastic polish you can try.My headlights have a foggy look on the face. how do i remove that so the face is clear?
I used a product called (Pittman's Onestep), it's a liquid deoxidizer that wipes that film off instantly, just NEVER use sandpaper on your lense, they'll turn eventually turn yellow. Go to www.ibc34.com/onestep

Report Abuse



I polished the plastic headlight covers on my car with TCut, the mild abrasive. It worked well
there is a kit to fix your foggy headlights at web site





myheadlight.com, I bought my headlight restorer kit at walmart. my headlights on my 1999 toyota truck look new again. Great product.
Try Flitz, this will get you by a few times. You will have to replace the headlight after a while, as that coating that protects the plastic will be worn off.


hope this helps.
These com posit headlights can be taken apart if their hazed on the inside and you can buy one of those buffing balls and just buff the light.
You can buy a plastic polishing compound and a buffing wheel for a drill at NAPA, PEP BOYS or any other Auto store
You'll have to replace the headlight.
GO TO A PARTS STORE AN GET A CLEANER MADE TO CLEAN THE HEADLIGHT COVERS

No comments:

Post a Comment